Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Travelogue

Location: Chennai

Well, I love travelling, but i havent really had the oppurtunity to do it alone. This is the first time I am travelling to a new city and a new state altogether. Quite a giant leap if you consider the extent of my tgravel alone has been Mumbai. It has been a great experience so far. The journey began with reaching the Pune Airport. The pickup cab was bingo on time. Then it was the checkin and security check at the airport. That was a different experience. And I mean different because, you are alone. You see and observer everything and everyone around you with a different viewpoint altogether. There is no one else with you whose comments and opinions can affect the way you think. So whatever your thoughts are, you have to keep them to yourself, and then eithger ruminagte over them or dismiss them..depends on your take;)
   The flight itself was pretty uneventful, with a few turbulences thrown in here and there, but as such quite a mundane flight. I was sandwiched between two elderly gentlemen, who seemed to doze off tghe entire flight.(so now you know what i mean : uneventful :P) Once the flight landed, the reality of the situation sank in. I was in a different state, different city, new people, new languagge i have no way of knowing. I knew nothin about Chennai. I still had tgo arrange transport to a hotel booked witgh justa phone call. But, I assured myself, I will get there. And sure enough, finding tgransportation was a cinch, as i hired a prepaid taxi at the airport. THe driver got us to the hotel safely. And gasp, the hotel was wonderful..the rooms were clean and spacious there was air con, and hold your breaths, a fantastic and fast WIFI. So not as totally cut off as i thought. I happily had dinner and tgucked myself in with the TV remote and thought of what a wonderful city Chennai is, the wonderful polite people and everything about the place and my first day in the city.
More on my stay later.
See you later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment