Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Words are all I have


Words are all I have...



Many a song has been written about the power of words. What are words? How do you go about defining them? What do they mean? Why does the word Apple mean Apple? How did these associations come about?
As i am writing this down,I am kinda wondering, what is it I am writing about? I am writing in words about words. Confusing right! Words are logical expressions of thoughts.What you think, you express! Now what you think may not always be expressible in words. You have other means as well, liken signs, body language, sounds.
Sounds...the word to think about...Words are sounds that sound like what they do and signify a common meaning to a mass of people. So a sound that is accepted by a population of people to signify something becomes a word.
So, I have achieved my aim: I have expressed in words what words mean :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice attempt of tackling the common misconception! Words do not have any meaning, they are merely placeholder for something that cannot be said directly. Each thing can have infinite meanings.

    ReplyDelete